Vinification & ageing :
• Grapes are picked at optimal maturity after
maturity tests on each parcel.
• Destemming is used to avoid herbaceous taste.
• Slow and gentle pneumatic pressing guarantees
purity of juice and extraction of the finest aromas.
• Very slow temperature-controlled alcoholic
fermentation in stainless steel tanks generally
ending by January.
• Malolactic fermentation follows.
• Matured on fine lees in tanks for 70% of the wine,
and in 600 L. barrels for 30% of the wine, during
• Estate-bottled in July 2017.
• Golden dress, limpid
• Breillonde is a singular terroir, expressing itself with a
complex nose; the toasted notes supported by the
pass-crassane pear and ripe peach aromas are
• Generous on the palate, this wine reveals a discreet
minerality, suppleness and a beautiful perfectly
• This Viré-Clessé Breillonde deserves to be kept in
order to express itself fully.
Wine & food matching :
Chicken suprême with mushrooms, crayfish pastry with
tarragon, curry monkfish with coconut milk.